Citric Acid - E330 - 200g
A natural substance derived from citrus fruits, often used in sweets.
- Food grade citric acid suitable for human consumption.
- Mix a small amount of citric acid with water and brush on to fresh fruits and vegetables such as apples and avocados to stop them browning.
- Mix 1/2tsp with water to replace lemon juice or vinegar when making fresh cheese such as paneer or ricotta.
- Often referred to as 'sour salt' this can be used to add a kick to recipes, spice rubs and baked goods to add an acidic flavour when liquid from lemon juice or vinegar is not desired.
- A great versatile household product too, from banishing limescale to removing stains by mixing with water.
- This product is also widely used in the making of bath fizzers, make your own by adding 1 part citric acid to 2 parts bicarbonate of soda!
In the same series