Make your own great tasting sweet maple bacon at home!
Our bacon cure can be used as a dry cure or as a brine solution.
· Rub 500g bacon cure with 12kg of Pork Loin
· Rub into the meat (rind can be removed for better penetration)
· Stand the meat fat layer down in a suitable bag or tray
· Refrigerate for 4-5 days
· Once cured, rinse and leave to mature for a minimum for 2 days
· Mix 100g bacon cure mix with 286g salt and 916g water
· Stir until dissolved and place meat in solution
· Cure for 4-5 days
· Remove from the brine and leave to mature for up to 10 days.
For smaller batches Rub 50g of bacon cure for every 1200g of Pork Loin.
Supplied in a 2 x 500g pack
Suitable for pork, venison, beef or lamb