A tasty vegan Indian style curry.
- 500g mushrooms (we find button mushrooms work best) – chopped
- 1 white onion – finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200g butternut squash - chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- soya single cream to serve
- 100g plant based ‘yoghurt’
- 50g Tongmaster tikka masala spice blend
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar / sweetener alternative
- Add the butternut squash to a baking tray, drizzle with oil, salt, pepper and roast for around 20 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, cook until soft (2-3 mins)
- Once soft, add half of the spice blend and cumin seeds, fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and sugar and mix well before adding chopped tomatoes and the remaining spice blend, bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and add the mushrooms (you can add a splash of water at this stage if the sauce becomes too thick)
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, add the roasted squash, peas and yoghurt and stir continuously for the last 5 minutes, the mushrooms should be cooked through.
- Season to taste and serve with a swirl of soy cream alongside rice & naan bread.