A traditional Spanish omelette made with potatoes & eggs, often called a tortilla.
- 5-6 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and fry the potatoes until crispy and cooked through, add the onion & garlic and cook until soft, drain the oil.
- Arrange the potatoes & onions in a single layer, covering the bottom of the pan, in a separate bowl beat the eggs and add paprika, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook, moving the mixture around with a spatula to ensure even cooking.
- Use a plate to flip the tortilla on to the other side in the pan and fry, gently shaking the pan to avoid sticking, until cooked through.
- Flip the tortilla on to a plate and slice, serve with salad or cut into smaller pieces and serve as a tapas dish.