A tasty seasoning packed with Indian spices to create a fragrant pasanda curry.
- 600-700g preferred meat or vegetable (chicken, beef, fish, tofu, potato & squash work perfectly)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 40g Tongmaster pasanda curry seasoning blend
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 15ml tomato puree
- 250ml stock
- 1tbsp almond paste
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Chop the meat and add to a bowl with the yoghurt and half of the seasoning mix, stir and leave to marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon stick, chopped onion and garlic, cook for three minutes until the onion begins to soften, add the remaining spice mix and cook for a further 1 minute.
- To the pan, add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and a big pinch of salt and bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and blend.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and cook the meat along with the marinade on a high heat for about 5 minutes to seal, pour in the curry sauce, add the almond paste and reduce the heat before simmering for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with rice, fresh coriander, naan bread and a dollop of yoghurt.