An authentic Spanish paella recipe.
- 250g spanish paella rice
- 250g cooked prawns
- 500g chicken breast, chopped
- 125g chorizo, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 75g frozen peas
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp minced red peppers
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 chicken stock cube ( with saffron - optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the chorizo until crisp, remove the chorizo and set aside, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Fry the chicken in the chorizo oil until cooked through and set aside along with the chorizo.
- Add more oil to the pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft, add the peppers, paprika and stir fry for another 2 minutes until crispy.
- Stir in the uncooked rice and ensure it is well coated in the oil, add the saffron infused stock and 450ml boiling water and stir until combined.
- add the chicken and tomatoes to the pan and cook for 10 minutes before adding the prawns, chorizo and peas, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving, serve with lemon and a drizzle of oil.