A tasty chickpea burger flavoured with chorizo, topped with a fruity black bean salsa.
- 1-2 tins chickpeas (around 650g), drained
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 100g Tongmaster chorizo burger complete mix
- 100ml water
- 100g watermelon, chopped
- 100g mango, chopped
- 1 small avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1 small tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 20g Tongmaster salsa seasoning
- 1tsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- lettuce to garnish
- sliced burger buns.
In a food processor add the chickpeas, carrot, onion, water & burger mix.
Blend until it forms a thick paste, you can add more water or a splash of oil if necessary.
Press into burgers using the palm of your hand or using a burger press for a more professional look (available on our site)
Cook the patties as desired, bbq grill or fry.
In a bowl, add the watermelon, mango, avocado, black beans, salsa seasoning, coriander, lemon juice and a splash of olive oil, mix until combined.
Toast the buns on each side and assemble with lettuce, patty and a spoonful of the fruity bean salsa.
Please note - ALL - of our sausage seasonings, burger seasonings & glazes are suitable for vegans, vegetarians & are available in gluten free.