A twist on the traditional hot dog - bursting with a chilli cheese flavour.
- 800g minced pork, chicken or turkey
- 100g Tongmaster chilli cheese sausage seasoning
- 100ml iced water
- Sausage casings – natural (hog/sheep) or collagen
- Hot dog buns
- 100g fried onions
- Mustard & Ketchup to serve (check out the crucials range on our site)
- Add meat and seasoning to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add chilled water and ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour or overnight to allow the spices to infuse the meat.
- If using natural casings – soak the casing for around 30 minutes, use a funnel to remove excess salt.
- If using collagen casings – there is no need to soak the casings, use straight from pack.
- Place the casing on the outside of the tube and begin to pass the meat through your sausage stuffer, tie a knot at the end of the casing to stop the meat passing straight through and continue to pass the meat mixture through the casing.
- Once the meat is finished, tie a knot at the other end and begin linking your sausages, twisting in opposite directions.
- Use a little vegetable oil on your hands to work the sausage with ease and create a professional sheen.
- Cook as desired or chill in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve in a fresh sliced hot dog bun, top with fried onions, melted cheese & sauce of your choice.