These ribs are pre cooked before finishing off on the bbq for a delicious tender result.
- 2 racks pork ribs
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 100g american sticky rub
- 100ml cola (diet cola works too)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan) and prepare the ribs, mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, 50g sticky rub and season the ribs, ensure they are fully coated.
- Transfer the ribs to a deep baking dish and pour over 100ml cola, cover with foil and bake for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the ribs form the oven and leave to cool (they will be soft, be careful!)
- Mix 50g sticky rub with 10ml water, carefully brush the ribs with the mixture.
- Transfer the ribs to a hot bbq, cook until charred, alternatively you can put them back in the oven for 25 mins to caramelise.
- Serve with corn on the cob (check out our corn recipe!)