A tasty, juicy, flavourful American style brisket recipe.
- 1-2kg beef brisket
- 1tbsp oil
- 2tbsp Tongmaster Texan bbq rub
- 1tbsp Tongmaster smoked brown sugar
- 2tsp ground paprika
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp Tongmaster hickory smoked powder
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Beef stock
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub the brisket with oil, before rubbing the dry mixture on to the meat - ensuring it is fully covered.
- Transfer the meat to the slow cooker along with roughly chopped onion and garlic.
- Add 200ml of beef stock in the bottom of the slow cooker (optional)
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the meat to an oven tray and brush with remaining spice mixture, pour the liquid over and bake at a high temperature uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- This step can also be done on the BBQ - cook until meat is charred.
- Serve in a soft bun with salad & slaw.